How can we build a water heater that will last a lifetime?
Based on the success of plastic brine tanks used for over 30 years in the water softening industry, the idea took form. Originally branded as “Project X”, the concept was developed with three important goals:
- Build a water heater that can have a true lifetime warranty
- Manufacture the most energy efficient water heater available
- Keep it “installation friendly” by having it lightweight and easy to connect
This unique style hot water heater gradually took form and in 1987 the Marathon water heater was born, which was truly the very first lifetime water heater. Marathon water heaters are manufactured by Water Heater Innovations, Inc. in their state-of-the-art plant in Eagan, Minnesota.
Marathon Water Heater Models
Marathon offer water heaters in different categories, including Marathon Residential Electric Water Heaters, Marathon Point-of-Use Electric Water Heaters, Marathon Heavy Duty Electric Water Heaters, Marathon Eclipse Commercial Electric Water Heaters, Marathon Multi-Port Thermal Storage Tanks and Marathon Multi-Port Thermal Storage Tanks.
Marathon electric water heaters offer many advantages over traditional tanks including:
- Technologically advanced design is clearly differentiated from short lived steel water heaters.
- It’s the most durable water heater made, with a warranty to match
- Envirofoam™ insulation is completely free of CFC and HCFC ozone depleting gases. Marathon leads the way in environmental friendly manufacturing, design and operation.
- Tank comes complete with a factory installed vacuum relief valve, 3/4″ brass tee and 3/4″ brass nipple.
- Replaceable brass drain valve
- All wiring run in conduit for easy control wiring
- Seamless blow molded polybutene tank with no anode rod required for a corrosion free life
- High temperature, commercial-grade diptubes for greater durability
- The filament wound fiberglass outer tank is designed to be more flexible and withstand more pressure than conventional tanks
- Our unique high temperature dip tube is offset from the concave bottom, creating a “whirlpool effect” which helps prevent sediment build-up
- Every tank includes 4 feet of pipe insulation for even greater savings.
With all these advantages an investment in a Marathon water heater could be the best home investment you make this year. They are also a perfect accompaniment to solar heating systems offering top up hot water on demand as well as being eco friendly for all you green living fans.